Solar water pumps are great alternatives to the traditional pumps which are tied to the grid. A solar powered pump might be the ideal solution if you need water in a remote location. It is also offering a more economical way for you to use fountains and other water features in your backyard.
When you decide to use solar powered water pumps at home, there is no need to worry about heavy machinery or other complex wiring systems. You just need a small solar panel and a battery storage device to get the water flowing. These pumps use solar force to not only bring water to homes, but also to cabins, campgrounds and other areas. Find some of the best solar water pumps for your pond on Amazon!
Ways to Use Solar Water Pumps
- If you are living in a cool climate with a swimming pool at home, you can heat the water with oil, gas or electricity, but the solar panels offer a more energy-efficient option. Besides the cost for the initial installation, solar energy technology can last for many years and is totally free. The solar panels can be installed easily onto the existing pool pump.
- The solar powered water pump is also a great choice for garden features such as fountain and waterfall. With solar waterfall pumps, it will not be so expensive for the water to run at night.
- Solar pumps are also useful for water ponds as they work to circulate; filter and oxygenate the water. The pump will be the heart of the water pond, so it’s responsible for ensuring that everything is functioning well. Having solar water pumps for ponds will also provide the fish with a continuous flow of fresh oxygenated water.
- There are surface delivery pumps that you can use to move water from one location to another. Some water pumps are made for high pressure whilst others are low pressure systems that can move large amounts of water. In addition, these pumps are used frequently for pressurizing the water systems in RVs, boats and homes.
- You can use solar drip pumping and irrigation for homes and gardens. People have been using solar water pumps for irrigation for many years as it is very efficient. If you want, you could check out the options available for you to get incentives from solar technology programs.
- There are also solar water pumps for wells. The submersible solar powered water pump is made primarily to use when pumping water out of wells. Wells are very deep, normally 180 feet or more. The pump might be more expensive for deeper wells. It is important to note that the solar well pumps are hardly ever suited for water in large amounts like what you would find in irrigating fields.
As you can see, the water pumps are useful for many purposes. Many companies are offering these water pumps, so be sure to do your research beforehand to ensure that you are choosing the right one.